Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Importance of Asking Questions

"I am smart enough to answer the question, but am I smart enough to ask it?" This question from the book This Will Make You Smarter is supported many times over from the problem solving protocol 5 Why's to Yuval Noah Harari's statement "I would rather ask questions I cannot answer than to have answers I cannot question" (Harari 2018, 216). Again and again, seeking enlightenment, the truth or information is best done through asking questions and seeking the answers. Where does one learn more--from answering a trivia question, or asking why that situation developed in the first place? Whether it is in school, science or life, being able to ask questions is better than being able to answer someone else's questions.



Harari, Yuval Noah. 21 Lessons for the 21st Century. Spiegel & Grau, 2018.

Pink, Daniel. To Sell is Human: The Surprising Truth About Moving Others. Riverhead Books, 

2012.


No comments:

Post a Comment